Anew Rejuvenate Dial-a-Glow Anti-aging Moisturizer is a product that is produced, marketed, and distributed by the famous company that we all know as Avon. Avon normally holds a very good track record with their skin care line. In this review we will use the available information in order to determine whether or not this particular product can deliver what it promises.
On the official Avon shopping site this product is described as a product that is designed "to repair delicate skin components, reinforce and help strengthen the skin's overall matrix, and stimulate the regeneration of new, youthful cells". It claims to be able to do all of this and deliver a perfect glow to your skin at the same time.
The active ingredients that are listed on the website for Anew Rejuvenate Dial-A-Glow are OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTISALATE 5.0%, and OXYBENZONE 3.0%. The other ingredients that are listed are WATER/EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DIHYDROXYACETONE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PHYTOL, RETINOL/SACCHAROMYCES POLYPEPTIDE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, ANDROGRAPHOLIDE, HYDROLYZED MILK PROTEIN, PLANKTON EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, PHAEODACTYLUM TRICORNUTUM EXTRACT, ORYZANOL, TOCOPHEROL, PANTHENOL, SQUALANE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, COPOLYMER, PEG-100 STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PEG-150 DISTEARATE, SILICA, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, POLYSORBATE 60, DISODIUM EDTA, DIMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, and PARFUM/FRAGRANCE. It is listed that it may also contain YELLOW 5, and RED 40.
Although it appears that Avon has been forthcoming about the ingredients that were found in the Anew Rejuvenate Dial-A-Glow listing, it appears that there could be difficulty in finding exactly what the specific function of the 3 active ingredients that are listed here.
- The product is sold by a company that holds a great reputation among their buyers.
- Comes with a money back guarantee.
- Appears to list all the ingredients, making it easier for people with skin allergies to locate an ingredient that may cause reactions.
- Customer reviews that were related to this product were excellent.
- Appears to be easy and convenient to use.
- Does not appear to contain any patented ingredients, clinically proven ingredients, or ingredients that are backed by scientific evidence.
- Difficult to locate specific information about the 3 active ingredients that were listed on the website
- Avon is better known as a makeup retailer than as a skin care producer.
- Contains potentially irritating paraben preservatives.
The Bottom Line
Avon is a company that is usually considered have an outstanding reputation. They have been around for years and are very well established. They offer several lines of different types of skin care products. It is usually rare to find a customer review that isn't good. This will lead someone to believe either one of two things: Either the Avon Anew Rejuvenate product really does work this great, or this is too good to be true and they only put the good reviews the website. One very highly respected thing that Avon does offer generally with all of their products is that if you are not satisfied with the product then you can always return to any Avon salesperson that you may know to receive either cash back or credit toward another purchase. Overall, while the flaws may not be all of Avon's fault we fell that they could have made access to information about the ingredients a little easier.