Borba is a skin care line that was founded by Scott-Vincent Borba in 2004. The marketing pitch for this product line is “Borba delivers nutrients directly into the skin from the inside, rather than merely treating external problems.” Borba claims to use “exclusive Fiber Technology,” in addition to antioxidant therapies. This skin company’s motto is “innovation, effectiveness and style.” The Borba line can be broken down into four categories, which are Cleanse (micro-diamond cleansers), Treat (concentrate serums), Protect/Hydrate (protect and moisturize the skin) and Boost (ingestible treatments that contain Aqua-less crystalline to boost product efficacy).
Some of the primary active ingredients found in Borba skin products are Diamond Powder (helps exfoliate dead skin cells), Grape Seed Extract, Glycolic Acid (reveals new skin), Salicylic Acid (helps with skin cell renewal), Vitamins A, C and E (antioxidants), Yerba Mate and Aloe (sooths and calms skin). Borba products are recommended for those with oily skin, dry skin, normal/combination skin and aging skin. Like many other skin care lines, Borba aims to treat common skin dilemmas such as acne, wrinkles, dry skin, crow’s feet and sun damage. Borba claims to never do any product testing on animals. Furthermore, Borba products claim to be “dermatologist-tested and recommended.” Borba skin treatments have been featured in magazines like Allure, Lucky and Redbook. There does not appear to be a 100% money-back guarantee posted on the official Borba website.
Borba is a skin care line that offers treatment products for all basic skin types. While these products appear to be geared more toward women, the website doesn’t specifically state that they’re not for men as well. Borba aims to assist users with anything from skin dryness, to acne, to sun damage, to hyper pigmentation, to fine lines and wrinkles. Key components of Borba treatments are Diamond Powder (helps exfoliate dead skin cells), Grape Seed Extract, Glycolic Acid (reveals new skin), Salicylic Acid (helps with skin cell renewal), Vitamins A, C and E (antioxidants), Yerba Mate and Aloe (sooths and calms skin). All Borba skin care products can be purchased via the official website.
- All Borba products can be conveniently purchased through the official website.
- All Borba skin treatments are stated to be dermatologist-tested and recommended.
- Borba products are available to individuals with all common skin types.
- Free samples are offered via the official Borba website.
- There doesn’t appear to be substantial clinical evidence on the official website supporting the effectiveness of Borba skin care products.
- There aren’t any customer testimonials offered on the website.
- Some ingredients found in Borba skin care products may not be suitable for some individuals.
- There does not appear to be a 100% money-back guarantee offered on the official website.
- The full Borba skin care line involves products that are taken orally, which may prove to be a hassle for some individuals.
The Bottom Line
In some regards, the Borba skin care line is certainly unique. After all, not many skin care brands offer ingestible crystals that are to be mixed with water. However, there doesn’t seem to be any conclusive studies expressing the effectiveness of Borba’s crystal treatments. When all is said and done, the Borba website would be better off if it offered some real customer testimonials and a 100% money-back guarantee.