Vital Science Corporation is the parent company that makes and manufacturers Nuvectin. Vital Science Corporation is a Canadian company that has developed many different anti-aging product lines. Among these lines is the Dermaglow line, of which Nuvectin is a part of.
The main product Nuvectin promotes is their Advanced Therapy For Fine Lines and Deep Wrinkles.This product was made to smooth out lines and wrinkles using a peptide complex with Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, which is touted as an alternative to Botox. This peptide is believed to work by inhibiting neurotransmitters from causing the muscles in your face to work so intensely that you develop lines and wrinkles. The peptide is supposed to relax those muscles by interfering with the neurotransmitters, supposedly providing a paralyzing-type effect similar to that of Botox.
The full list of ingredients in Nuvectin’s Advanced Therapy For Fine Lines and Wrinkles is:
Water, Stearic Acid, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Butylene, Isopropyl Palmitate, Triethanolamine, Polyglycerylmethacrylate, Palmitoyl, Oligopeptide, Coca Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Ethyl Macadamiate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mango Butter, Disodium EDTA, PEG-8 Dimethicone & Octyldodecanol & Propylene Glycol & Zea Mays & Tocopheryl Pyroxidine HCL & Silica & Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Extracts of Cucumber, Green Tea, Grape seed, Peach, Seaweed, Lemon, Calendula, Gingko Biloba & Ginger.
There are other available products in the NuVectin Line. Some of those are:
Advanced Night Treatment: claims to promote hydration and slight peeling of the skin.
Instant Wrinkle Eraser: believed to work instantly to reduce wrinkles up to 90%. Effects are temporary.
Advanced Instant Lift Serum: This is for instant tightening of you skin.
Moisture Cream SPF 30: Made with an undisclosed marine protein. Also has an SPF 30 rating.Advanced Eye Contour: Made to deal specifically with puffiness and under-eye bags. Might have a tightening effect.
Collagen Lip Plumper: Made with the peptide complex. This item goes on like a lipstick and comes in different shades. There is Clear, Bronze, Pink, and Café Latte. This product is a typical Nuvectin “cosmeceutical.”
Advanced Upper Lip Repair: This claims to be ideal for long-term smokers to get rid of the lines on the upper lip.
Advanced Cellulite Therapy: This is supposed to thicken the appearance of the epidermis and reduce the size of your thighs in as little as 4 weeks.
- These products are all available on-line and through many different retailers.
- There are products in the Nuvectin line that address very specific areas of need.
- The clinical trial results show promising numbers.
- There are many different products, each claiming to provide a different effect; yet many repeat themselves in the description of what you are looking to do.
- While we only got a full ingredient list on one of the products, there were parabens, a type of synthetic preservative, that have been linked to skin irritations and allergic reactions.
- There is no real information on how Nuvectin, or its other cosmetic counterparts in the Dermaglow line, actually came about. Further research would be warranted to find out where these products are made and if they are made under strict GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Protocols).
The Bottom Line
There are a lot of promises being made by these products. Nuvectin does show their clinical results up front, but they don’t give any formal testimonies on their site, nor do they give us a full list of ingredients for each product. In fact, we had to go to a different website to even find the list of ingredients for one product. Nuvectin would do well to give that information up front so the consumer can make an informed choice.