Olay Regenerist is a fairly new product in the well-known Olay family of skin care treatments. It is available through a variety of drug stores and other retailers, both online and at brick and mortar locations. The Olay Regenerist line consists of a handful of products including a 14 Day Skin Intervention, a Daily Regenerating Serum, a Regenerist Filling + Sealing Wrinkle Treatment, a Daily Thermal Mini-Peel, a Thermal Contour and Lift At Home Treatment, and an Eye Lifting Serum, among many others.
The Olay Regenerist 14 Day Skin Intervention is a two phase process during which each phase lasts one week. It claims to give the skin significant firmness and a reinvigorated look as an alternative to a painful and costly surgical face lift. The Daily Regenerating Serum has amino-peptides to help regenerate damaged skin. The Olay Regenerist Filling + Sealing Wrinkle Treatment claims to penetrate the skin's wrinkled surface to immediately reduce the appearance of wrinkles and also seals in a moisturizer so that the effects last all day. The Daily Thermal Mini-Peel claims to regenerate surface skin just like a professional peel. The Thermal Contour and Life At Home Treatment infuses moisture, increases natural production of collagen and visibly lifts the skin. This product was inspired by professional thermal facelifts. The Eye Lifting Serum is made to smooth and brighten the eye area and contains a concentrated form of amino peptides. All of the Olay Regenerist products have a full ingredient list available on the website and you can also purchase the products online directly from Olay. There are twenty products in the Regenerist line in total.
- Olay Regenerist products are made by a well-established manufacturer.
- Olay Regenerist has twenty different products available that are "inspired by" professional spa and surgical anti-wrinkle treatments.
- The ingredients in Olay Regenerist are common in other mainstream drug store anti-wrinkle treatments so they may not be extremely effective in creating noticeable results.
- Olay Regenerist products do not contain powerful ingredients backed by scientific data such as Hyaluronic Acid.
- Olay Regenerist does not have online customer testimonials or before and after photos to demonstrate effectiveness.
- Although it is well known, the Olay brand tends to focus more on moisturizers and other general skin treatment products, and less on scientifically fighting wrinkles specifically.
The Bottom Line
Olay Regenerist products are well-known and widely available. They are reasonably priced and, although the Olay website does not specify a money back guarantee, many retailers are willing to accept returns if the product does not work as it claims to. Olay Regenerist does contain amino peptides which can be effective at treating the effects of aging on the skin. It would be better if Olay chose to use stronger and more powerful ingredients in its Regenerist products. One would think that customer testimonials would be readily available through Olay, however, the website does not post any at this time.