There are a whole range of anti-aging and skin rejuvenation creams that include various synthetic peptides in their ingredient lists. Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is now also becoming an ingredient that is capturing the interest of a number of skin product manufacturers and it is already a listed ingredient in a number of skin creams intended for fighting the effects of aging in mature skin. Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is, of course, a compound that makes up part of the peptide family. Peptides are the bonds, or the building blocks, between amino acids in the body. They also play a crucial part in skin repair and renewal.
In anti-aging creams which include Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, you may also see this peptide listed as Matryxil, which is the trade name for this compound. Those skin care manufacturers that include Palmitoyl Oligopeptide claim that what makes this peptide different from peptides in other anti-aging creams is that this is the peptide which is actually responsibility for stimulating collagen production in the body. They claim that the creams which contain this compound repair and rejuvenate the skin by stimulating the production of collagen. They also say that it will reduce your fine lines and wrinkles as well as firming your skin. Those that manufacture Palmitoyl Oligopeptide in compound form say that when it was added to key skin cells, it stimulated the production of collagen and elasticin.
- The manufacturers claim that Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is the peptide that is responsible for stimulating collagen and elasticin.
- The manufacturers of anti-aging and skin rejuvenation creams that include Palmitoyl Oligopeptides say that this compound does not produce any side effects.
- It is claimed that Pailmitoyl Oligopeptide is the peptide responsible for increasing the amount of collagen and elasticin in the skin.
- The research carried out regarding Palmitoyl Oligopeptide was undertaken by Proctor and Gamble who also manufacture and sell the compound.
- The trials regarding Palmitoyl Oligopeptide have been laboratory and “test tube” trials.
- There are so many different anti aging creams on the market today containing different peptides that consumers may easily become confused.
- Under its trade name Matryxil, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide is frequently confused with the more potent peptide Matryxil 3000.
The Bottom Line
Proctor and Gamble tell us that in Palmitoyl Oligopeptide they have managed to find and capture the peptide which is responsible for stimulating collagen and elasticin production in the bodys. There are so many different anti-aging creams on the market today containing peptides that the manufacturers claim will rejuvenate our skin, that we may wonder who we should believe and which face cream to choose. We cannot recommend face creams containing Palmitoyl Oligopeptide over and above others also containing peptides, until we have hard concrete proof based on the results of long term, independent clinical trials, that are not laboratory, test tube trials.