Provectin Plus is sold as “Skin Essentials ProVectin Plus Advanced Wrinkle Repair For Fine Lines and Deep Wrinkles.”
We are not given any information about the manufacturer. Upon further research into Skin Essentials or ProVectin, all we could find were different websites that independently retailed the product, but not official site or information from the manufacturer.
ProVectin Plus has some peptide complexes along with Hyaluronic Acid in it’s list of ingredients. Hyaluronic Acid is claimed to help in collagen production as well as the hydration of the skin. The triple peptide complex doesn’t give us exactly the information we’re looking for since there are no explanations for which peptides do what.
The full Provectin Plus ingredient list is as follows:
Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoy Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Oil, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Hyaluronic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cocoa Butter, Sorbitan Olivate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Dimethicone Copolyol, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Disodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Ethyl Macadamiate, Mango Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Zea Mays Oil Corn, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Tocopherol Acetate Vitamin E, Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C, Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A, Pyridoxine HCI Vitamin B6, Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3, Silica, Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Extracts of Cucumber, Green Tea, Grapeseed, Peach, Seaweed, Lemon, Calendula, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginger
- This product is available from many different locations.
- You don’t have to stick with one website for one price. If you can find it lower, you can buy it somewhere else. You can also find it at places like Walgreens.
- Claims to be an inexpensive option to things like Botox.
- We couldn’t find out who actually manufactures this product. We don’t know anything about its history or the research behind its development.
- There are parabens as preservatives. Parabens are synthetic preservatives that are linked to skin irritation and allergic reactions.
- ProVectin must be used diligently or the results will not be seen. This leaves much room for consumer error.
The Bottom Line
ProvVectin is one in a long-line of creams that promise similar results for less money. Without any research and scientific data to back up these claims, we are left with more questions than answers. While we do like the fact that the website does list the full ingredients, most of which are unpronounceable, they don’t give us a lot of information on what these different ingredients actually do. You would have to be well-versed in skin care lingo to recognize some of the ingredients. That combined with the mysterious anonymity of the product manufacturer may make consumers keep looking for an anti-wrinkle solution.