Regenerist is a line of skin care treatments developed by the brand Olay, which was founded in the 1940s. The Regenerist brand offers a total of eight differentlines. Olay endeavors to address every woman's skin type and skin concerns. These "anti-aging" facial products claim to "regenerate the skin's appearance at a cellular level." Like many other topical treatments, the goal of this modern skin care regimen is to provide consumers with an at-home alternative to more serious/pricey cosmetic procedures such as microdermabrasion, Botox and chemical peels.
The Olay Regenerist product line offers several skin treatments that aim to assist in regular skin exfoliation, hydration and the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. The full Regenerist line consists of a Daily Serum, Contour and Lift Treatment, Eye DermaPod Anti-Aging System, MicroSculpting Cream, Microderm Abrasion Peel System, Targeted Tone Enhancer, Thermal Skin Polisher, Touch of Sun, Anti-Aging Lip Treatment, Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream, Eye Lifting Serum, MicroExfoliating Wet Cleansing Cloths, Daily Regenerating Cleanser, Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment and UV Defense Regenerating Lotion. These skin care products contain active ingredients like an exclusive Amino-Peptide Complex, which potentially helps to regenerate damaged skin. The Olay Regenerist product line is non-comedogenic and commonly found in most drugstores around the country
The Olay Regenerist skin care line is primarily marketed towards women who desire assistance with common skin aging afflictions such as fine lines, sun damage, facial sagging, wrinkles and collagen loss. These products aim to increase facial skin exfoliation and new skin cell turnover. The desired result is a fresh, hydrated complexion with improved firmness and overall radiance. Regenerist treatments contain the active component known as the Amino-Peptide Complex. This primary ingredient supposedly helps regenerate damaged skin and exposes fresh skin in the process, but not much information is given.
- Some free samples and coupons are offered on the official Olay website.
- Olay is a cosmetic brand that has been around for many years.
- A convenient store locater is offered via the website to assist potential customers with finding a vendor that sells Olay Regenerist products.
- Regenerist skin treatments are not offered on the official Olay website, which is odd.
- A money-back guarantee is absent from the Olay website.
- Complete ingredient lists cannot be found on the website.
- No customer testimonials on the official website.
- Olay Regenerist skin treatments do not appear to be dermatologist-endorsed.
- Some ingredients found in Olay Regenerist products may irritate the complexions of some users.
- Olay is not a brand focused exclusively on wrinkle fighting.
The Bottom Line
Needless to say, most individuals have at least heard of the Olay brand. Since this cosmetic/skin care line is found in most common drugstores, it's generally not difficult to come by. While availability is most likely not an issue for most people, the notion that Olay Regenerist products do not come with a money-back guarantee might be a problem for some. It would be nice to see some skin specialist recommendations for Olay Regenerist on the official website, or at least a few customer testimonials. Unfortunately it's not easy to tell if the "anti-aging" Regenerist line really offers anything unique at all that will truly benefit aging complexions. This may be more of a general skin care line, as opposed to one targeted specifically at reducing wrinkles.