Sebamed was created by Dr. Heinz Maurer. The first Sebamed product, a Cleansing Bar, was introduced in 1968. Dr. Maurer says that the company aims to offer medicinal skin care products which are developed through research with dermatologists and physicians. Sebamed manufactures and sells Cleansers, Deodorants, Face Wash, Body Wash, Moisturizers, Shampoos, Conditioners, Anti-Dry skin care products, Anti-Acne skin care products, Anti-Aging skin care products, and Sun Protection products. Sebamed offers three products for aging skin including Q10 Firming Body Lotion, Q10 Cream, and Q10 Lifting Eye Cream.
On the official Sebamed product website, there are literally no ingredients listed for the Q10 Firming Body Lotion, the Q10 Cream, or the Q10 Lifting Eye Cream. It seems as though the products do contain Co-enzyme Q10 based on the names of the products. According to scientific research, Co-enzyme Q10 is naturally produced by the human body and is something that is necessary for the basic function of the cells. Q10 levels are said to decrease with age. Co-enzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like substance that is also known to be an antioxidant. Antioxidants can help to protect the skin from free radical damaged which is a major factor in premature aging. Whether or not Sebamed products actually do contain Co-enzyme Q10 though, is unknown.
- Sebamed offers Free Shipping on all orders over $75.00.
- Sebamed anti-aging products are relatively inexpensive and affordable for the average consumer.
- Sebamed provides customer testimonials from consumers who have tried the company’s products with positive results.
- Sebamed does not disclose the full list of product ingredients for its anti-aging skin care items.
- It appears that Sebamed products do not contain advanced ingredients such as Collagen, Argireline, Hyaluronic Acid, or Matrixyl-3000.
- There are no before & after photos on the official Sebamed website to demonstrate product effectiveness.
The Bottom Line
It is disappointing to find a line of anti-aging skin care products on the market which are supposedly created by a doctor that do not provide consumers with any information about their ingredients. Any skin care company, especially one founded by a doctor, should know how important advanced ingredients are and how important it is to share the information with consumers so that they can make an informed buying decision. It would be better if Sebamed would offer before and after photos of consumers who have tried the products with positive results, as buyers look to this information to help aid in their decision-making processes. Consumers who are looking to improve the look of wrinkles on the skin are interested in the latest skin care advances. Ingredients such as Collagen, Argireline, Hyaluronic Acid, and Matrixyl-3000 are key to achieving noticeable results.